What cover is included in a car hauler insurance policy?
Your policy will be created based on your requirements, as these will vary from business to business, however you may expect to find some or all of the following covers included in your car transportation policy:
- Road risks cover – every vehicle on public roads is required to have road risks insurance and a car transporter road risks policy should include cover to drive your customer’s vehicle(s), which is necessary even if it is only to load them onto your car hauler.
- Goods in transit cover – designed to cover damage obtained to your cars whilst they are being transported.
- Premises cover for your business – protection for damage to your business premises, e.g. fire or flood damage. This can also be tailored to include cover for contents, e.g. IT & furniture.
- Employer’s Liability – a legal requirement for many businesses, you may be required to have a minimum of £5,000,000 of employer’s liability cover.
As well as the above there are various other covers that you be require, for example, business interruption insurance and insurance for car haulage whilst you are overseas.
If you require assistance deciding which cover you will require, complete the quote form here to take no-obligation, expert advice from a car hauler insurance specialist.
How can I reduce the cost of my car transportation insurance?
Hauling cars and other vehicles is not without risk, clearly if something does happen, you could expect a claim to be hefty and therefore insurance for haulers comes at a price. However, there are ways to reduce the cost of your cover:
- Pay annually: if cashflow allows for it, paying for your car hauler policy in one go can be quite a bit cheaper than monthly payments. This is because monthly payments will incur interest charges.
- Build up a no claims: claiming on your policy is sometimes unavoidably, for large claims in particular, however if you can build up a no claims bonus, you should a reduction in the cost of your vehicle transportation insurance year on year.
- Compare & switch: the insurance industry is renowned for offering great deals for new customers, so although it may be tempting to auto-renew your cover each year, it pays to shop around.
- Experience and age of named drivers: motor trade insurance policies for people under 25 tend to be harder to arrange and are often more expensive as young drivers are deemed to be at higher risk of making a claim. The same goes for experience, whereby it will be more expensive to insure motor traders who are new to the industry, compared to those who are more experienced.
Compare car transportation insurance quotes
From motor trader insurance on a part time basis to cover for national businesses, compare quotes for your business with one simple form today and see how much you can save on your car hauler insurance.
As well as car haulers we can also assist a range of other business types with their motor trade insurance search including:
Car valeters, vehicle sales, MOT testing, mechanics, scrap dealers & tyre fitters.
No matter what service type you provide in the motor trade insurance, get in touch to see how we can help or read our motor trade insurance FAQs.