Traders Insurance Operating From Home

Home-working motor trade insurance comparison

  • checkQuotes from a panel of leading trade insurance providers
  • checkCover for all types of motor trade
  • checkExpert guidance & advice

Whether you run your motor trade business from home for convenience, cost-cutting or simplicity, it is highly likely you’ll still require motor traders insurance to cover you should the unexpected happen. Quote Goat works with a panel of motor trade insurance specialists and by completing the short quote form here, you can compare quotes from up to 5 motor trade insurance providers for your home business, making it easy anyone in the industry, even including cover for motor traders under 25.

Find Traders Insurance Suited To Your Home Business In 3 Steps

Step 1

Complete a short quote form using details about you, your home and your business

Step 2

Discuss your quotes with specialist trader insurance providers and receive free, expert advice

Step 3

Received tailored quotes and pick the policy most suitable to your requirements.

What Types of Traders Can Be Insured?

Any motor trade business that is able to operate from a home premises can be covered, including:

  • Valeters
  • Vehicle sales
  • Car Transporters
  • MOT garages
  • Scrap metal dealers
  • Tyre Fitters
  • Windscreen Repairs
  • Bodywork specialists
  • Part time motor trades

What type of cover do I need to operate from home?

As part of our service, you will receive a no obligation quote along with expert advice and guidance from motor insurance specialists on the comparison panel. To take advantage of this advice now, complete the quote form.

Generally speaking there are two main types of motor trade insurance, road risk and combined. Road risks insurance is the legal minimum level of cover required and will typically provide cover for motor traders operating from home. As the name suggests, road risk insurance covers the road elements of a motor trader’s operations only and therefore does not cover your home premises or contents.

Much like a standard car insurance policy, road risk insurance falls into three brackets, third party only, third party fire and theft, and comprehensive. Third party only is the absolute minimum level of cover required by law for businesses dealing in vehicle sales, repairs or maintenance.

If you then require additional cover for example employer’s liability insurance, this can be added on to your policy.

Alternatively, you may find a combined motor traders insurance policy is better suited to your business. A combined policy can also include cover for your premises, even if you work from home, tools, vehicle stock, equipment and more.

If you are unsure, it is best to ask for advice from any of the insurance providers you speak to when arranging your quotes.

Low cost cover for motor traders working from their home premises

Whether you are just starting out in the motor trade industry, or you’re an industry expert, compare quotes from up to 5 insurance providers today by completing the short comparison form here and see how much you can save on your policy.

Written By Michael Foote, Insurance and Finance Expert

Michael Foote is the founder of Quote Goat and has over 13 years experience working in the finance, insurance and currency sectors. Since launching Quote Goat he has appeared on TV as well as many of the largest online publications including Forbes, The Telegraph and The Metro. Prior to Quote Goat, he worked in finance in the city for a number of firms including HSBC.