If there’s one thing that really gets our goat, it’s having to call round all the local garages to hunt down the best price for a car service, MOT or repair. So that’s why we added garage comparison to our website.
All you need to do is type in your registration number and postcode below, and we’ll do the hard work for you. You’ll be able to easily compare prices from garages in Uckfield. You can even compare prices for individual services, including air conditioning regas and brake pads.
Say goodbye to sitting on the phone for hours, or automatically going to the same garage every year. Now you can find a garage near you, at a price that suits you.
Most garages offer a whole host of services and repairs on-site, including:
- MOTs – lots of garages are MOT-approved testing sites with their own MOT bays. If the garage you go to isn’t, however, often they can arrange your MOT for you, through a sister or partner garage. MOT-approved sites will have the dark blue and white MOT logo.
- Servicing – typically, service options are interim, full and major. They go up in terms of work involved as well as cost. An interim service is a less involved service, which people tend to book every 6 months for cars with very light mileage. A major service is generally for very high use, high mileage cars. Most people go for a full service once a year.
- Repairs – whether it’s a strange rattle or a dent in the bodywork, garages can look after a whole host of repairs. The diagnostics equipment in garages is really excellent, so they’ll soon be able to diagnose most unknown problems and give you an accurate price to fix it.
- Batteries – having a flat battery is very common, especially in the colder months or with cars that aren’t run often, or take lots of short trips. A replacement is easy and often not very expensive. The garage will be able to advise you on the right battery for your car.
- Tyres – from a slow picture to a full blow-out, garages are well equipped to replace tyres for you. If it’s a small, neat puncture, tyres can often be repaired. Sometimes, though, the damage is just too large to repair, so a replacement tyre will be needed.
We ran some demo quotes for common services on a 2010 Hyundai i10. We’ve listed the lowest and highest prices from Uckfield garages in February 2022.
|Work quoted for a Hyundai i10||Lowest price in Uckfield||Highest price in Uckfield|
|Air Conditioning re-gas||£45||£108|
|Oil & filter change||£77||£168|
|Front brakes (discs & pads)||£221||£230|
Uckfield Motor Services
Situated in the centre of Uckfield, this garage is well established, having been running for over 30 years. You’ll find it in the Bellbrook Industrial Estate, and it’s open six days a week. The garage boasts two workshops with 13 ramps, two MOT bays, and a dedicated wheel alignment bay. They can cater to anything from Minis to motorhomes. The garage here also offers high quality parts, plus a 12 month or 12,000 mile warranty on all labour and parts.
Just down the road in Maresfield, on the Straight Half Mile, you’ll find Bluauto Offers. It’s a garage that’s owned and run by experienced ex-main dealer managers, offering extensive experience without the main dealer price tag. The garage is open six days a week, taking care of MOTs, servicing, diagnostics and repairs. They also sell used cars as part of the business, and have a local reputation for their Land Rover, Range Rover and other 4×4 experience.
Nutley Motor Services Ltd
Just under five miles from Uckfield is the charming Nutley Motor Services. A locals’ garage, it’s run by a small but passionate team with a lot of experience in the motor industry. The garage itself is on Nutley high street, and is open six days a week. It was established in 1986, and has been offering MOTs, servicing, air conditioning regas, brakes and suspension repairs for decades. They also offer more specialist services such as alloy wheel and headlight refurbishment, as well as welding.
- Compare instant quotes: We’ll provide live quotes from garages in Uckfield in seconds.
- Easy online booking: Check the price, reviews and availability, before booking online.
- No card details needed: And that’s it – no need to pay until the work is complete.
Ready to compare quotes and book a garage online? Enter your reg below and get started: