If you’re looking for affordable insurance for your motorbike, you’ve come to the right place.
Whether you’re a young rider with a 50cc moped or an experienced rider with a Harley Davidson cruiser, Quote Goat can help you find cheaper motorbike insurance quickly and easily.
We compare quotes from multiple companies in just a few minutes so you can get riding as quickly as possible.
How to get cheaper motorbike insurance
The cost of insurance can be a concern for many owners, particularly of sports, modified or imported bikes.
Here are a few tips to help reduce your premiums:
- Pay your premium annually
- Buy an older bike with a smaller engine
- Avoid performance enhancing modifications
- Reduce your mileage
- Keep your bike in a locked garage or off the road when not in use
- Add a more experienced driver as a named driver
- Remove pillion cover (being insured to carry passengers).
- Consider getting a telematics device (black box) installed. This will measure your driving style and adjust your costs according to how safely you’re rated.
Motorbike Insurance groups
Just like cars, motorbikes have their own insurance group ratings, though most motorbike insurers range them from Group 1 to Group 17, unlike the 50 group ratings for cars. Unlike cars, groups for motorbikes are not adopted industry-wide, so the same bike can be rated in a different group depending on the insurer.
As you would expect, a lower group will usually be cheaper to insure than a higher one. Motorbike insurance groups are affected by:
- Value of the bike
- Engine size
- Cost of repairs
Can you transfer car no claims to a motorbike?
Unfortunately, most insurers won’t let you move a car no claims bonus to a motorbike. However, it’s always worth asking your insurer, as a few may allow you to.