What Is Car Transporter Insurance?
Car transporter insurance, commonly known as vehicle transporter insurance, is a form of motor trade insurance.
Whether you are transporting cars, vans or other vehicles, having the right insurance in place can be critically important should an accident happen.
As a leading price comparison site, we help businesses find the right car transporter insurance at a great price with a simple, single-page quote form connected to a panel of leading motor trade insurance providers.
Instead of shopping around from broker to broker, providing your details repeatedly, submit your details just once. Up to 5 insurance providers will contact you to provide tailored quotes, making it easy to compare car transporter insurance prices.
Every vehicle transporter business is unique, and as such, your insurance requirements will be too, which is why it’s beneficial to speak with insurance provider. They will create a tailored policy for your needs and provide any advice on what types of cover you may need.
What cover does a car transporter insurance policy include?
Your policy will be created based on your requirements, as these will vary from business to business; however, you may expect to find some or all of the following covers included in your car transportation policy:
- Road risks cover: every vehicle on public roads must have road risks insurance. A road risks policy for car transporters should include cover to drive your customer’s vehicle(s), which is necessary even if it is only to load them onto your transporter.
- Goods in transit cover: designed to cover damage obtained to your cars while being transported.
- Business premises cover: protection for damage to your business premises, e.g. fire or flood damage. You can also tailor it to include cover for contents, e.g. IT & furniture.
- Employer’s liability insurance: a legal requirement for many businesses, you may be required to have a minimum of £5,000,000 of employer’s liability cover.
As well as the above, there are various other covers that you may require, for example, business interruption insurance and insurance for car haulage whilst you are overseas.
If you require assistance deciding which cover you need, complete the quote form here to take no-obligation, expert advice from a car transporter insurance specialist.
How can I reduce the cost of my car transporter business insurance?
Hauling cars and other vehicles is not without risk. If something does happen, you could expect a claim to be hefty, and therefore the insurance comes at a price. However, there are ways to reduce the cost of your cover:
- Pay annually: if cash flow allows for it, paying for your policy in one go can be quite a bit cheaper than monthly payments; monthly payments will incur interest charges.
- Build up a no claims: claiming on your policy is sometimes unavoidably, particularly for large claims; however, if you can build up a no claims bonus, you should see a price reduction in your vehicle transportation insurance year on year.
- Compare & switch: the insurance industry is renowned for offering great deals for new customers, so although it may be tempting to auto-renew your cover each year, it pays to shop around.
- Experience and age of named drivers: motor trade insurance policies for people under 25 tend to be harder to arrange and are often more expensive as young drivers are at a higher risk of making a claim. The same goes for experience, whereby it will be more expensive to insure motor traders who are new to the industry than those who are more experienced.
Compare car transportation insurance quotes
From part time motor trade insurance to cover for national businesses, compare quotes for your business today and see how much you can save on your cover.
As well as car transporter businesses, we can also assist a range of other business types with their motor trade insurance search including:
Car valeters, vehicle sales, MOT garages, mechanics, scrap dealers & tyre fitters.
No matter what service you provide in the motor trade industry, get in touch to see how we can help.